Monday, June 26, 2006

Myriad life

Was just going through one of my old dairies . found an old poem with the same name as that of my blog which i wrote when i was in my 8th class
*************************************************************************************
As i stood by my window,
Peeping through my heart's window;
In my ear, the cuckoo calls
Before my eyes, the sun rose
The vista painted red,
Down the lane, stood an elm,
Fluttering with myriad birds
Somewhere beyond, a thrush called
I wondered, how beautiful life is
with little things and big joys
and a million hues
The spring was here, joy was here
life is really beautiful
I stood by my window,
Taking a glance through my heart's window,
On my skin, the scorching heat
On my forehead beads of sweat.
Down the lane stood an elm,
with leaves of brown
Somewhere beyond a thrush called.
I wondered, was life really beautiful
With little joys and little sorrows
I was past my youth.
I stood by my window,
Looking thru my hearts window,
On my skin, blew a chill
Down my spine went the chill
Mist on the glass.
Down the lane, stood an elm
With branches bare, auburn leaves flew down.
Life wasn’t that beautiful
With little things, big sorrows,
I was a withered crone
Waiting for an end to come.

2 comments:

Vijay Bhasker said...

the poem is gud. thx coz i wasnt much aware of this blogging and stuff had learnt about it from ur webpage on orkut

Kiran said...

wai8...i never noticed the poem mayb it was too long...seems like u r good at poems too..keep it up...
and am honoured to hav my blog link on ur blog....