Friday, May 11, 2007

i am an INDIAN too

1.The police verification for my passport.
Police man: “what’s your name?”
Me: “Azeera Aromal Azeez”
Police man: “Muslim?”
Me : “yes”
Policeman gives me a look that says, “You look like a hamas suicide bomber”.
Policeman : “what’s your father’s name?”
Me : “Assankhan Abdul Azeez”
Policeman: “what??”
Me: “Assankhan Abdul Azeez”
I get yet another look that says, “Sounds like Osama bin laden.”
Policeman: “which state?”
Me: “kerala”
The Policeman pastes my photo, takes my thumb impression and lets me go.
I am seriously starting to doubt if I look like Mullah Omar’s daughter.

2. My cousin in Delhi is planning to change her son’s school. Her reason: her 7 year old is teased in school coz his dad carries a mullah beard.

I love inzamam ul haq. But I love the Indian cricket team too. I am a Muslim, a non burkha wearing one. But I am an Indian too.

2 comments:

Rahul said...

mmmm...now wz d point...superficial frustration blurtin out or the jouranalist giving a vent to her anger...gud post..though,...

Tony Sebastian said...

ahem reminds me of iit exam on easter n special class on good friday! warangal rocks!