Saturday, May 26, 2007

insane!!!

Ladies and gentlemen I am bored. I have got absolutely nothing to do . and I am undergoing the I-am –suddenly-good –for-nothing syndrome. I am stuck at home with nothing other than my comp, my kitten, loadsa gud food, a comfortable bean bag and a P G Wodehouse for company. The fact that I am a peace loving animal who gets homesick every other day prompted me not to opt for a project. Don’t you ever mention iit roorkee to me. but now I am in a fix. Every single dude I know is doing a project/ training. It somehow doesn’t make sense to me go do something just to put it on my resume because I know I am a technically challenged person naah technically impaired would be a better word. I somehow don’t like the fact that I am doing engineering. I can’t find any emotions or beauty in any of the subjects I learn. Btw I am one of the most emotional persons you can ever find. This is supposed to imply that I cry after every other movie, that a good book can sent me into spells of silence for real long time, that I can’t put up with heart string tugging events in a relationship. I wish I had taken up journalism or even law. So much of emotions. So many stories that deserve the light. That reminds me I was ever hardly ever good at anything. Smiling and goofing around in school made sure that teachers never said a bad word about you during the parent teacher meetings. So all my life my parents believed I was a good kid. And I believed it too. With less of efforts and more of luck I managed to get into NITW. I still wonder why I am there. Juniors, neighbours look up to you with sense of awe when they hear NITW. I don’t get it. Someone more deserving should have been there. Getting back to parents, being the eldest in the family my parents tell my sis “look at azeera and learn. She did us proud”. Ya so my parents like everybody else expects me to get a great job. Settle down and have two kids probably. Can’t blame them for it. Ya I need a nice paying job and ask them to retire and chumma sit at home. How long will they keep slogging so that you can go have shawarmas every other day. Sometimes I just want to rip the world apart and do something different. To change things that makes the world so cruel. My sis who loves animals puts it right, “ the world would have been so good if the cats and dogs roamed around like humans at least they don’t kill each other chumma.” I don’t get it either why should people kill each other just because they got two roads to reach god. Why two ppl who love each other shouldn’t marry just because they are from a different religion, forget religion even different sub castes why should people to starve to death when I get to eat shawarmas every other day? . Sometimes you wonder is god blind. Why does he let so much of hungama happen in his name? but then WHAT is the difference I want to bring about is million dollar question. The word difference kills me too. Every tom dick and harry talks about making one. How many of us actually bother to bring it about.
I would love to quit it all and do a course on journalism and write what I please. But then pragmatism stops me. the world would call me nuts. My parents wouldn’t be so proud. My juniors wouldn’t look up anymore. But then what is this life if you live for what others think and not what you do. I still don’t know why I am writing this. I had a level headed conversation with mom the other day. She had an alternative option for journalism and emotions and people’s stories. Civil Services. She is right. But the question is do I have it in me to work so hard. I still don’t know where I am headed.. I always went where life took me, I dream big but never put in that extra effort to change the course. Silicon jungle, the movie, puts it beautifully “pakiya is born. Pakiya did well in school. Pakiya got into IIT. Pakiya got a management job. Pakiya earned. Pakiya spent. Pakiya died.” But azeera my dear, wants to be different naah take the offbeat road

PS: This post is not for anybody to read. My blog. My frustration .My space. I write what I please.

5 comments:

Rahul said...

donno hw to put it....jz luvvd it...guess the frustration paid off...ws always wantin to write smthn on similar lines..u jz penned it dwn in sucha beauty...been thinkn jz d same n loads more...gud to kno derz company out der...n betta wen itz u...n hey u not alone on the highway,got me for company..but not defitely IAS 9jz not got enuf steam n patience!)
luvvvvvvvvvvvvd the post for hittn the right chord this time....
keep ritin journalist
or is it Azeera Azeez IAS ....
long way to go....

the bewildered CRANK..... said...

edo its tooo good artcle......aftr reading it i can feel d weight on my hrt.....
to tell you 1thng - Liv d life the way u wnt it 2 b....never regert later on wat you have done before....
der are lot of thngs dat you can do... so take a deep breath open your eyes & look around....may b wat u r lookin fr is closer much closer dan you thnk.....

Anonymous said...

if u cud hav everythng "As U Like It", then itz worthless...ther has 2 b somethng amiss-somethng dat v can fume over, shed a few tears,somethng 2 dream bout,sumtng 2 luv, somethng 2 hate..
u kno y ther is chaos in te world...coz no1 can hav it te way they wan it..ya i kno, a month away from a place(even tho itz in forsaken bare strecth) u hav come 2 luv cud get u on ya nerves..go ahead,let off te steam...
wel,i was some1 who wud hav given anythng 2 get into NLSIU or any other gud law clg..yet i ended in a engg clg in yet another forsaken land..wid dat,i had 2 compromise on many dreams, includin dat f takin IPS..now, who wud take Electrical engg as an optional in civil service exams?? he shud b really nutz or shud b some kinda "bhuji"...
wel,i'm neither...but i hav stil hav a smile on my face(cud u cal it a smile???wel atleast i put a smile 4 social reasons..)

wel, i been followin ya blog 4 quite sometime,but din comment til now...u r doin a gud job...cheers!!!!!

Anonymous said...

if u cud hav everythng "As U Like It", then itz worthless...ther has 2 b somethng amiss-somethng dat v can fume over, shed a few tears,somethng 2 dream bout,sumtng 2 luv, somethng 2 hate..
u kno y ther is chaos in te world...coz no1 can hav it te way they wan it..ya i kno, a month away from a place(even tho itz in forsaken bare strecth) u hav come 2 luv cud get u on ya nerves..go ahead,let off te steam...
wel,i was some1 who wud hav given anythng 2 get into NLSIU or any other gud law clg..yet i ended in a engg clg in yet another forsaken land..wid dat,i had 2 compromise on many dreams, includin dat f takin IPS..now, who wud take Electrical engg as an optional in civil service exams?? he shud b really nutz or shud b some kinda "bhuji"...
wel,i'm neither...but i hav stil hav a smile on my face(cud u cal it a smile???wel atleast i put a smile 4 social reasons..)

wel, i been followin ya blog 4 quite sometime,but din comment til now...u r doin a gud job...cheers!!!!!

Anonymous said...

omg............
thats was brilliant.i am damn sure dozens will relate to them. i feel i have filled in some wrong shoes. and u my lady have put it in the most beautiful way possible in words........
stuntED n stunnED