Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My supermen-2

people the world deserve to know..................



My cousin got married two years ago to a “nice, “homely”, loving” woman who takes great care of her husband and in-laws. I never attended the wedding as it was one day before my kerala CET exams. An officer with the police department he was always the less favorite, not so easily approachable cousin who neither took me out nor bought me chocolates. The two above mentioned reasons coupled with a total I-am-not-interested attitude towards family gossip made sure that I remained ignorant regarding the bride’s whereabouts. It was lately that I got to know that this new member of our family came from real poor living conditions. A fatherless girl, her siblings include a Down syndrome affected brother and three younger sisters. It was not a love marriage. He chose to give her a life coz “ I am an enforcer of the law, I deserve no right to accept dowry and violate it. Waise this way I will for sure be there in God’s good books.” During a recent family get together, the older worldly wise gentle men advised him, “Its time you start saving. Keep an eye on the future and make wise investments”. My cousin replied, “ I don’t mean any offense but at the moment I have to make sure that three young girls get married.” Today this cousin of mine is a proud father of a sweet little baby girl and my biggest awe inspiring figure. Ikka, you rock.
Thought3: I believe in angels. Something good in everything I see.

2 comments:

Tony Sebastian said...

hey! i read the other post before... long before u cared to tell me u blogged.. n i typed down a long comment.. n then as luck wud have it, KSEB succeeded in yet another of its conspiracies - the lets-deny-azeera's-blog-a-comment conspiracy! well before they get a sniff of this one im gonna publish it...

hey i was wonderin why u got stuck up with all the losers in the world.. u knw ppl like me... i guess God is makin up for somethin with supermen ;)

lovely ppl...even better blog!!
Blog On :D

Anonymous said...

Well it looks like you've met quite some supermen.. and am sure you'll be the superwomen in someone's blog someday :)